History of the Company:
BMW was founded in 1916 as the product of three merged German manufacturing companies specializing in engines.
It began with building proprietary industrial engines, aircraft, and motorcycle engines and did not begin manufacturing automobiles until 1929.
The company is currently headquartered in Munich, Germany and as one of the three most successful luxury auto manufacturers in the world, is a member of the “German Big 3” alongside Audi and Mercedes-Benz.
Trading BMW: What You Need to Know
- Is traded on Germany’s DAX30 index.
- Before BMW went public in the early 1990’s, it experienced a number of ups and downs over the course of the 20th century before truly claiming its place as one of the top three automobile manufacturers in the world.
- Owns the MINI, MG, and Land Rover brands; purchased the Rolls-Royce brand name for £40 million in 1998.
- Services over 140 countries across the globe.
- BMW engines are known for their high efficiency and durability. The company always begins with engine design and constructs the rest of the automobile around the “heart” of the vehicle.
- Has a focus on engineering lower emissions, high efficiency vehicles.
- Revenues slipped slightly during the financial crises of 2008-2009 but recovered more than what was lost by 2010 and have been on an upward trajectory since.
- Investment analysts project BMW to outperform the market and stock price has risen 4.43% over the past year.
Currently has over 112,500 employees globally.
- Enjoys revenues of €77.10 billion and a net income of €5.84 billion.
Anyone who wants to trade BMW should carefully analyze the market conditions before trading.Trade BMW