History of the Company
The Coca Cola Company is the world’s biggest beverage company, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. The original Coca-Cola beverage formula was invented in 1886, and the formula was bought by Asa Griggs Candler in 1889, who incorporated The Coca-Cola Company in 1892. The company went public in 1919. Today, Coca Cola sells over 500 brands in 200 countries. In addition to the beverage for which the company is named and its variations, they also produce Minute Maid Juices, Barq’s sodas, Odwalla juices and products, and Fuze beverages.
The company operates through franchises, where Coca Cola produces the concentrated syrup and sells it to various franchised bottlers around the world, who then produce the finish product and distribute it.
Trading Coca Cola: What You Need to Know
- Coca Cola’s annual report and its quarterly earnings reports provide insight into the future trends of the stock and the right times to buy and sell.
- Some analysts feel that Coca Cola has reached its limit on meaningful growth, at least geographically. The company is now focusing on developing new products and new markets.
- Coca Cola announced a deal in February 2014 with Keurig Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, makers of the Keurig coffee machine. Keurig has a new machine for single-serve cold beverages, and Coca Cola products will be produced in single-serving K-Cups specifically for the new Keurig Cold. The collaboration is likely to drive growth in a new market for several years.
- While Coca Cola has underperformed recently, analysts are calling this an opportunity to buy, because prices are likely to rise based on growth forecasts.
- Coca Cola’s brand recognition and loyalty, global distribution network, and its commitment to new product development should keep Coca Cola ahead of the competition for a long time to come. It may face challenges from competition the at-home carbonated drink market, but the company has shown that they can adapt and are prepared to meet these challenges.
Anyone who wants to trade Coca Cola stock should carefully research the latest developments on the company and perform an analysis before trading.Trade Coca Cola